1357 Valley Place, SE, Suite 102
Washington, DC 20020
P: (202) 610-5560
F: (202) 610-5563
Mon–Fri | 24 hours
- 24-hour residential monitoring
- Capacity: 18 families
- 18 Fully-equipped apartment units homeless families with children
Valley Place Family Apartments is located in a residential neighborhood and is specifically for families with children who have become homeless.
Families live here temporarily while they prepare for independent living. There are 18 furnished apartments with 1, 2, and 3 bedrooms. A referral from a family shelter is one of the requirements to live at this transitional program. Valley Place will interview referred clients to ensure they meet program requirements. Along with other trained staff, a Program Director is onsite to manage shelter operations.
Families with children
Hours of Operation
24 hours a day; 7 days a week
Clients must be referred by an emergency shelter provider and the Virginia Williams Family Resource Center in the District of Columbia.
The purpose of this process is to be certain families with children meet the eligibility requirements and to provide a vehicle for understanding the participant family as a functioning unit. Assessments are scheduled Monday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
General Supportive Services
- Case Management
- Housing Assistance & Referrals
- Job Placement Assistance & Referrals
- Substance Abuse Assistance & Referrals
- Life Skills Training
General Eligibility Criteria
Listed below are some of the key admission requirements. Other requirements will be discussed during the intake process.
- Families with Children who are homeless and reside in the District of Columbia.
- Participants must be referred by an emergency shelter in the District of Columbia.
- Willing & Able to Follow Program Rules
- Tuberculosis (TB) Test before admission into the program
- Police Clearance before admission into the program
Referrals are provided for
- TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income)
- SSDI (Social Security Disability Insurance)
- Medical & Mental Health Care
- Employment & Substance Abuse Counseling