50th Street Family Program
ACTING PROGRAM DIRECTOR
400 50th Street, SE
Washington, DC 20019
P: (202) 726-2203
F: (202) 726-3623
Mon–Fri | 24 hours
- 24-hour residential monitoring
- Capacity: 12 families
- 12 individually furnished apartments w/ full kitchens
50th Street Family Program is located in a residential neighborhood and is specifically for families with children who have become homeless.
Temporary housing is provided in 12 individually furnished apartments with full kitchens. Participants in the program are expected to provide their own food and prepare all meals for their family. Families with incomes are expected to place funds in a personal escrow account. A referral from the Virginia Williams Family Resource Center (VWFRC) is one of the requirements for placement into this program. Along with other trained staff, a Program Director is onsite to manage shelter operations.
Families with children
Hours of Operation
24 hours a day; 7 days a week
A family must be referred by the Virginia Williams Family Resource Center.
Intake and Screening
All intakes are completed at the Virginia Williams Family Resource Center.
General Supportive Services
- Case Management
- Housing Assistance
- Food & Clothing Referrals
- Job Placement Assistance
- Life Skills Training & Awareness Groups
- Substance Abuse Education & Counseling
General Eligibility Criteria
Listed below are some of the key admission requirements. Other requirements will be discussed during the intake process.
- Families with Children who are homeless and reside in the District of Columbia.
- Participants must be referred by Virginia Williams Family Resource Center.
- Willing & Able to Follow Program Rules
- Tuberculosis (TB) Test within 7 days of admission into the program.
- Police Clearance within 7 days of admission into the program.
Referrals are provided for
- TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
- SSI (Supplemental Security Income)
- SSDI (Social Security Disability Insurance)
- Medical and mental health care
- Employment & Substance Abuse Counseling